Vermiculite is always used in the horticultural sector in its exfoliated form and it has the benefits of improving soil aeration while retaining moisture and nutrients to feed roots, cuttings and seeds for faster, maximum growth.
- Is permanent, clean, odorless, non-toxic and sterile and will not deteriorate, turn moldy or rot
- Possesses cation exchange properties, thus it can make available ammonium, potassium, calcium and magnesium to the growing plant
- When combined with other media such as peat or composted pine bark compost, promotes faster root growth and gives quick anchorage to young roots
- Mixtures help retain air, plant food and moisture, releasing them to the plant as required
- Is the preferred material by professional nurserymen for the rooting of cuttings
- Is used as a carrier and bulking agent in fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides
- Is part of the standard mix used in the very popular Square Foot Gardening system